Unite and Innovate your Cycling Business at Interbike
Each year over 1,000 brands come to Interbike to showcase their products and services more than 4,800 retailers representing close to 2,400 unique bicycle retail locations. Innovative companies choose to invest in the show every year because they understand the benefits:
- Key decision makers from more than 2,400 bicycle stores are there
- Buying power of the industry is represented
- Distributors from around the world are there looking for new products
- Massive media coverage is generated by over 300 global working media
What many companies don’t consider, but should, are the intangible benefits of exhibiting at Interbike:
- Develop Trust: Retailers buy from companies and brands that they trust. In today’s marketplace retailers are voting with their dollars on who they want to do business with. Many buyers are taking hard looks at who they do business with and decisions are being made at Interbike. And, let’s face it, it’s impossible to build trust through an e-mail or from a website.
- Tell Your Story: Do your customers really know and understand what your marketing strategy is for the upcoming product year? Have they seen all of your new products? It only takes one or two big customers to take on a new product to pay for the investment in being at the show.
- Give Dealers a Reason to Buy: Why have so many companies thrown in the towel on order writing? Retailers have never come out and said that they won’t write business at the show. Why not come to the show with a strategy that creates order book? It’s not that complicated and yet it is often ignored by most exhibitors. If done properly ROI will be much easier to measure and your investment decision will look so much smarter.
- Their Absence is Your Opportunity: The decision to not be at the show can sometimes be much more damaging than you know. If you are one of those companies that can’t really afford private affairs and are getting squeezed by the bigger brands, what message are you sending to the buying audience when you are noticeably absent from the show? Whether we like it or not, retail buyers will have no choice but to question your stability and strength in the market. Can you afford to take that chance?
This is an important juncture for the bicycle industry, and many brands are at a crossroad on how they handle the new retail paradigm. There has never been a more important time to show the retail audience that you are committed to their businesses by being a part of Interbike and helping us unite this industry in the quest for a brighter future.
See you at Interbike.
Andria Klinger, Sales Director
Katie Weber, Account Executive
Gina Rosselle, Account Executive