Interbike Enhances Retailer Education with New, Short-Format On-Floor Sessions
- Reno-Tahoe Town Hall Scheduled in Forum; Mann U Set To Deliver New ½ day Session on the Power of Influencing Behavior -
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA – August 11, 2017 – Interbike, the largest bicycle industry trade event in North America, today announced the addition of a new area on the show floor that will feature short presentations running all day on various topics related to small business operations, merchandising, training and more. The Forum, presented by eBay, will be located in the front of Hall B, and will provide simplified, concise presentations at 30-40 minutes each, on the hour from 10am-4pm on Wednesday and Thursday, and 9am-11am on Friday.
“Education has always been an important feature of the show, and we know that there’s not always time to sit down for an hour or two in a conference room to absorb knowledge from our sessions,” said Pat Hus, Vice President of Interbike. “By placing The Forum in a central location on the show floor, retailers will be able to stop by and listen-in at their convenience, or plan to sit down for the session(s) of their choice. The shorter format for presenters forces them to get to the point quickly, making the sessions packed with great information relative to their business.”
A few session highlights include:
– The True Math of Upselling vs. Discounting; presented by Sam Dantzler, Peloton Garage
– How to Merchandise to Your Female Customer and Keep Them Coming Back; presented by Holly Wise, 3 Dots Design
– Better Bicycling, Better Business – Get Involved in PlacesForBikes; presented by Jennifer Bouldry, PeopleForBikes
– E-Commerce and the Cycling Industry; Sarah Sternau, eBay
– Interbike Town Hall Panel – Reno-Tahoe in 2018; Pat Hus, Interbike, Representatives from the Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority
Dan Mann also returns with his popular ½ day seminar taking place on Tuesday, September 19th from 9am-1pm. The pre-show session is titled, “The Power of Influencing Behavior: How You Can Get Positive Training Results,” and draws from his recently released book, ORBiT, an acronym for Optimized Reality Behavior Training. In this session, Dan will review ways to increase influence by setting expectations, increasing the urgency for change, teaching techniques & skills and increasing the proficiency of the leader. He will also reveal the results of a first of its kind market research program that will arm retailers with key data points and knowledge that can help them take action when they get back to thier shop.
For a complete schedule of content within The Forum, and more information on the Mann U session at Interbike, please visit our Master Schedule at: http://www.interbike.com/conference/master-schedule/