Interbike Launches New Supplier Seminar Series
- Seminars Focus on Product & Design, Human Resources, Public Relations and Sourcing -
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif. – July 21, 2016 – Interbike, the largest bicycle industry trade show in North America, today announced the launch of a new series of educational seminars designed specifically for suppliers and their staffs. While sales and marketing employees typically staff booths at trade shows, the new series gives product managers, human resources teams and other brand team members the chance to attend and learn from a variety of experts in their respective fields. The new seminar series is being presented by the BPSA and reflects the associations’ continued commitment to supporting education for the supply community.
“Traditionally, we’ve put most of our education efforts towards retailers and their staff,” said Pat Hus, Vice President of Interbike. “But we know that product teams, HR staff, executive teams, PR professionals and more are walking the show floor. We’re confident that we can provide targeted, 1-hour seminars on very relevant topics and that we can increase the value of attending the show for all of our constituents.”
The series will include seven seminars that will mostly take place on the final 2 days of Interbike. Some examples include:
- The New Definition of Performance – Designing the Future of Mobility; presented by Eric Brown, Director of Interaction Design, BMW Designworks
- As traditional models of transportation are making way for new and nimble, BMW Group Designworks will share where design innovations are happening in the automotive space, and how the bike industry might leverage these new processes and experiences in their developments.
- Outside-In Product Line Planning: Tools and Techniques for Using Consumer Segmentation in Your NPD Process; presented by Lynette Seebohm, Principal, Concurrent Strategies LLC
- Targeted at product managers, sales managers, and designers, attendees will come away with insight into a team-based approach that enables companies to understand their product’s market segments plus an understanding of tools they can use to assess their product’s market alignment with the voice of the consumer.
- Succession Planning for Business Owners; moderated by Scott Montgomery, CEO, Nutcase
- This seminar features an all-star cast of industry veterans and experts, who will explore options to insure your life’s work is properly and fairly valued to the benefit of all the stake holders. Panelists include Alan Goldsmith, former CEO SuperGo Bicycles, Sarah Lehman, General Manager of ENVE and more.
- How to Get Noticed: Tips From Media Experts; moderated by Justin Gottlieb, Communications & PR Director, Interbike
- PR pros and media experts from BIKE Magazine, Fox National News and Golin Public Relations will share some of their best experiences, worst pitches, and overall tips on how to enhance your brands’ media coverage at trade shows, and in general.
Only registered Interbike exhibitor attendees are eligible to attend. A detailed list of Supplier Seminar Series sessions can be found at http://www.interbike.com/conference/supplier-seminar-series
Interbike returns to the Mandalay Bay Convention Center beginning with OutDoor Demo in Boulder City, Nev., September 19-20, 2016, followed by the Interbike Expo September 21-23, 2016.