Interbike Revamps Fit Symposium Structure & Partners with Medicine of Cycling
- Content to Include Breakout Sessions for Beginner and Advanced Fitters -
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif. – June 30, 2016 – Interbike, the largest bicycle industry trade show in North America, today announced the content for the 2016 Fit Symposium, to be held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center on Tuesday, September 20, from 12:30pm-5:30pm. The 2016 edition of the Fit Symposium will be curated in cooperation with Medicine of Cycling. The Symposium is designed to bring together North America’s bike fit technicians from the IBD channel for a dynamic 5-hour interactive symposium featuring some of the top names in bike fit today.
Medicine of Cycling is a unique academic symposium led by Curtis Cramblett, PT, and serves as the non-partisan platform for information-sharing of valuable content for retail and medical bike fitters alike, with presenters from all fields of expertise. The symposium covers a variety of topics that includes hands-on training in managing acute cycling injuries and bike fitting.
“Bike fit continues to be a hot topic among the bike industry today, and is another way for brick and mortar shops to separate themselves from ‘click and ship’ retail operations,” said Pat Hus, Vice President of Interbike. “We are committed to helping the retail fit community – those interested or just starting out, and those already invested in this segment of our industry – to help IBD’s find ways to enhance their businesses.”
Interbike and Medicine of Cycling took feedback from the 2015 event and created an agenda that includes general sessions for all levels and breakout sessions for beginner and advanced fit technicians. The content will include the following topics:
- (General Session) Accommodation vs. Rehabilitation – Body vs. the Bike
- (Beginner Session) The ABC’s of Fitting
- (Advanced Session) Fit Technology – The Tech & the Tools
- (Beginner Session) The Anatomy of Fit
- (Advanced Session) How Foot-Pedal Interface Solves Problems and Sells Inventory
- (General Session) Selling the Right Bike/Frame Size: Getting It Right The First Time
- Q&A With All Presenters
Presenters for the sessions were hand-picked by Curtis Cramblett, LPT, CFMT, CSCS and Chair of Medicine of Cycling. He will moderate and speak at the event along with:
- Paraic McGlynn, Founder and Chief Technologist, Cyclologic
- Wade Hall, Specialized master teacher, Co-Chair of Medicine of Cycling Bike Fit Task force; Owner, Spokesman Bicycles
- Brian Adams, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS, Adams Sports Medicine
- Michael Sylvester, Owner, Bicycle Fitting Services
- Steven Carre, Specialized Master Fitter, SICI, Cyclologic Instructor, Bike Effect
- Greg Choat, Strength and Conditioning Coach/ Fitter, Head Coach, Las Vegas Sports Performance
There are a limited number of seats available to attend this free Symposium. Only registered Interbike retailer attendees are eligible to attend, and must pre-register to attend. More information about the event including a link to sign up can be found here: http://www.interbike.com/conference/fit-symposium/.
A limited number of sponsorship opportunities are available for the Fit Symposium. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 949-226-5745.
Interbike returns to the Mandalay Bay Convention Center beginning with OutDoor Demo in Boulder City, Nev., September 19-20, 2016, followed by the Interbike Expo September 21-23, 2016.
The Seventh Annual Medicine of Cycling Conference will be held at USA Cycling in Colorado Springs, CO August 12-14, 2016. The conference is presented by the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine and Medicine of Cycling in collaboration with USA Cycling. For more information go to http://www.medicineofcycling.com/conference/.